Archive for December 2006
Everyones seems to be getting in on the whole quiz / brain training craze at the moment. Sega have just recently put on test a quiz game called “Answer x Answer” in an Akihabara arcade. Hit the link for a roughly translated description of this new arcade quiz game.
This totally unauthorized collection of homebrew developed Pac-Man titles was compiled by Atari afficianado Bob DeCrescenzo and is now available for purchase for Atari 7800 enthusiasts and completists.
According to the product page, each cart contains the following games (with descriptions):
* Pac-Man (The Original!)
* Puck Man (Same game, more difficult maze)
* Hangly Man (Empty Mazes? Vertical Tunnels? Invisible Mazes?)
* Ultra Pac-Man (6 New Mazes for a new variety)
* Random Mazes (You just never know which maze will appear next!)
* Ms. Pac-Man (The second installment of the Pac-Family)
* Ms. Pac-Attack (Same game, more challenging mazes)
* Ms. Random Mazes (Like Random Mazes above, but with the Ms. flavor)
It even comes with a full color manual!
I was a little bit disappointed to see that the Mario Kart GP 2 cabinet is basically the same as the original. I know this was obviously going to be an upgrade, but was it wrong of me to expect a little more. After all this is Mario Kart we are talking about. Oh well, I’m sure it’s going to be great fun all the same. Should be out some time early next year so I’ve heard.
GameSetWatch has a wonderful gallery up showing off some of the amazing pinball machines that can be found at the Pinball Hall of Fame in Las Vegas.
My Favourie has to be this PUNK! one, very 80’s!
Hit the jump for the rest of these pinball beauties!
Pinball Hall of Fame Vol. 2[GameSetWatch]